11.4.12

Ocean OX-2


Hello, dusty friends!

This is a crazy time of year for me. I don't know what's going on, really. So theoretically I should have some more film school experiences to write about on here.

However, for now I just want to talk about this little toy camera, the Ocean OX-2.

There isn't really much about it on the web at all, except that it was given out as incentive to get a credit card ou quelque chose comme ça. It's really light and cheap-feeling. Plus... it is super minimalistic: it has a fixed focus lens and no shutter speed control, but you can choose different f-stops (6, 8, 11 and 16).

It is truly a camera for the adventurous, and not for perfectionists. Like I said, it's pretty cheap so it has hella light leaks, and the parallax compensation still gets me every time. However it isn't a total waste of plastic: the fixed focus lens has a neat effect where things in the distance get soft and milky... not like they're out of focus but more like there was a pro mist filter put on it or something. That paired with the light leaks means you can create some nice lomo-style photos, if you're into that. And the OX-2 is normally way cheaper. Make your money count... it's not worth it to blow all your dough on a plastic camera just because it's a bright colour and has a trendy brand name on it. Save your money for film!

Uh, yea.... Here are the photos.

Taken on Shopper's Drug Mart brand 400 colour film.

 Take care,
-C.

2 comments:

  1. Could you link me to some film and a battery for this camera? There isnt any info in the web for it, i know it's quite cheap and not that great of a camera, however I really want to experience around with it, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this camera from a friend, and I can't find any film for it. Do you know where I could get some?

    ReplyDelete